- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Moon Over Manifest
- Five Movies all Writers Should Watch
- Two Book Blog
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
- When did I become such a grammar snob?
- Scorpio Races
- Christie Craig – author, essayist and all around funny lady!
- Now where I’d put that darned modifier . . . ?
Category Archives: Writing
Okay . . . so five movies everyone should watch! At least in my humble opinion. But really. Don’t good movies give us a feel for great characterization, awesome sub plots and just drop dead dialogue? As writers, we pay … Continue reading
I was driving toward The Heights the other day when an old Michael Jackson song came on. It wasn’t sung by the late, great but by some other group instead. They managed to do it justice and did not change … Continue reading
“She stood in the yard on her head.” That was the sentence that popped into my own head the other day as I was walking the dogs. Misplaced modifier and all. I actually like the occasional misplaced modifier. They make … Continue reading
Mother’s day has always brought a flurry of mixed emotions. Part of me wants to boycott, thinking how wrong it is to designate only one day a year to honor women who have literally brought all of humanity into being. … Continue reading